Just like good spirits, in this world there has to be evil or violent spirits as well. As a paranormal investigator you will encounter all kinds of paranormal. So you need to be prepared. Before going on an investigation please make sure you have four things with you at all times: Silver,iron, salt and chalk or wax. That way if you encounter an evil spirit, you can be protected. Silver is said to repel anything evil. Iron is like acid to an evil spirit. Put salt around doors, doorways and windows for more protection in the area with paranormal activity. If these don’t work, and the evil spirit goes after you, use chalk or wax to draw a circle around you. It is said that the evil spirits can’t go through the circle. And is said that the devil can’t see or hear past the circle.
Other than evil violent spirits, Some people are afraid of all kinds of spirits. So here are a few other ways to protect yourself from any spirit or ghost.
- After a death in the family, cover anything that reflects, so that there spirit won’t get caught in the reflecting object.
- Building a fire outside your home will keep ghosts away. This is why you see so many people building fires on Halloween.
- Light candles and leave them burning throughout the night.
- Hang rowan and St. Johns Wort over all your doorways to keep out evil ghosts.
- Wearing lodestone or even carrying it with you will keep ghosts at bay.
- If you believe, you are being followed by a ghost, jump in a stream, river, or creek or just cross over it. A ghost cannot cross over moving water.
- Carry a sprig of rosemary inside a seashell that you have bound with a red thread. This will keep all ghosts away.
- Create a hexagram and in the center write the letters AGLA. This amulet will keep away all evil spirits
- Jimson weed, Angelica and nettle are all three great for protecting oneself against evil ghosts.
- You can also go through a cleft of a tree if you think you are being followed by a ghost. The ghost will become confused and you will get away.